Connect with us


Seven family members consumed by inferno in Kano




A tragedy struck at midnight on Sunday when seven members of the same family lost their lives to an outbreak of fire that occurred in Tudun Wada, Nassarawa Local Government area of Kano State.

An eyewitness who disclosed this while speaking to some press, however, allegedly said that the incident occurred as a result of an alleged spark from an electric vehicle when power was restored.

However, Malam Idi Maikatako said the incident leading to the deaths of the victims, their father, mother, and five of their children, happened while they were deeply asleep.

He further stated that the victims burned to death, while the sixth child is currently hospitalised.

“The incident happened at midnight while the victims were deeply asleep. The victims, their father, mother, and their five children were burned to death while the sixth child was in the hospital,” he said

Maikatako also alleged that “the incident happened as a result of an electric spark when power was restored.”

Speaking with the spokesperson of the Kano State Fire Service, Saminu Yusif, he confirmed the incident but said the victims died as a result of suffocation from the fire outbreak.

According to him,” We got a distress call in the wee hours of today through one Ibrahim Sani. When our men got to the scene, they discovered it was a residential house that was razed by a fire outbreak.

He, however, hinted that “seven people lost their lives in the incident as they were suffocated by the smoke from the incident. The victims were rushed to the hospital, where they were confirmed dead.”

He added, ” When our men got to the scene, they discovered the victims were evacuated to the hospital, and neighbours as well as good Samaritans had put out the fire before our men got to the scene.”

Yusuf, however, advised residents to always disconnect electric appliances after use and while going out of their houses or offices to avert fire outbreaks.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply